Here is a really quick and easy breakfast idea. These muffin tin frittatas are loaded with nutrients to give you energy throughout the morning.
If your mornings are really busy, you can even bake them the night before, store them in the fridge overnight, and then reheat them.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (plus extra for greasing muffin pan)
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 small cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 5-6 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 large handful baby spinach (shredded roughly) (extra for serving if desired)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tsp. paprika (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 -3 minutes until spinach is wilted and vegetables are cooked.
- Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the paprika, Italian herbs and salt and pepper.
- Grease a 12 hole standard muffin pan with olive oil, making sure all
- des and bottom are coated.
- Once the vegetables are cool stir them into the egg mixture.
- Divide this mixture between the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until set and beginning to brown on top.
- Ovens vary, so keep an eye on them so they do not burn.
- Serve with salad greens.