Here's a tasty salad that combines meat, vegetables and fruit. You can finish the salad with a simple dressing of your choosing.
If you're stuck for ideas, there's a really easy way to make a tasty, homemade salad dressing.
Simply combine one third lemon juice and two thirds olive oil in a small jar. Shake thoroughly and drizzle on the salad!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- Large bunch of arugula
- Large bunch of watercress
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the olive oil with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Coat the 2 chicken breasts in this mixture.
- Place on an oven proof dish in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep the salad by mixing the leaves, pomegranate seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
- After 15 minutes, place 2 tbsp olive oil in the bottom of a large oven proof dish and place the sweet potatoes in, mixing them to coat in the oil.
- Place in the oven with the chicken breasts and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Make sure the potatoes and chicken are cooked through and top the salad with them, either leaving the chicken breasts whole or tearing them up.