Start your day the right way with this delicious breakfast omelet, packed full
of nutrient-dense vegetables, healthy fats and protein.
Omelet: 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 4-5 mushrooms (sliced finely)
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 large ripe avocado (sliced)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1 handful fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- In a large non stick or seasoned cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion for 1-2 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add the pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Whilst these are cooking, in a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together with the oregano, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Keeping the pan over a medium heat, pour the egg mixture in.
- Without stirring, cook over a low to medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the top begins to cook, ensuring the underneath doesn�t burn.
- If the top doesn�t cook after this time, place under the grill until lightly golden.
- Top with sliced avocado and spring onion and parsley.
- Fold in half so avocado is in the middle if desired.