These delicious crepes are dairy-free and gluten-free!
Flours made from buckwheat, coconut or almond are perfect alternatives to your regular grain-based flours.
They are free of gluten and have a lower Glycemic Index, so they are less likely to spike your blood sugar. And they are perfect for anyone with food sensitivities.
We like to serve these crepes with some Greek yogurt, flaked almonds and whichever fresh fruit is in the fridge.
Be inventive and use your own favorite toppings!
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Extra oil for skillet
- 6-8 ripe plums (optional)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, oil, milk and water together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to incorporate until smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the bottom of a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Once hot, pour enough crepe mixture into the pan to cover the bottom with a thin layer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the top has no remaining wet mixture on top and the bottom is beginning to brown in spots.
- Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat process with the remaining mixture.
- Top the crepes with chopped plums, Greek yogurt and flaked almonds.